Pages

Saturday 17 March 2012

Quick and Easy Mother's Day Card

It is Mother's Day here in the UK tomorrow and I wanted to give my very special Mum a homemade card. I think the simplest designs are the best so I adapted an idea from one of Marion Emberson's tutorials.

As this is only my second handmade card I hesitate to call this a tutorial as I don't feel qualified to 'teach' what I did but here is how I made it!

Firstly, I bought a blank window greeting card and recycled some clear plastic film from a box of cakes and taped it over the window part of the card.


I then cut out these daisy shapes from an embossed piece of pink card that I bought in Hobbycraft but you could use a flower punch which would be a lot easier!



To make a feature of the centre of the flowers I stuck on some pearl gems from this set


 so they looked like this


I then used some carbon paper to write a draft of my message inside the card and went over the words with a black pen. I couldn't trust myself to write it straight on to the card!



I then stuck the pink flowers around the edge of the window with some double sided adhesive from one of those rollers which worked really well.


I continued to stick the flowers on until I felt the card looked busy enough and this is the finished article........



I would love to hear your comments so please feel free to leave me a message..




No comments:

Post a Comment