Pages

Sunday 7 August 2011

Knit & Stitch

Along with pottery painting my other main hobby is knitting when I get the time. I would also really like to learn how to crochet so I can make beautiful things like this blanket as shown in a new craft magazine called Mollie Makes. It ia a brand new lifestyle and craft magazine so go and take a look at http://www.molliemakes.com/.


I have tried to learn new hobbies from books and DVDs but there is nothing like someone actually showing you how to do it in the flesh and thanks to Sue Pritchard this will be possible. She is running a Knit and Stitch Club. in Maidstone. They meet every second Saturday of the month for lunch, chat and knitting on the top floor of CafĂ© Nero (opposite the entrance to the Chequers Mall in Maidstone town centre) between 1pm and 3pm so come along for 2 hours or pop in for ½ an hour. Bring along knitting, crochet, sewing or any textile based craft that you enjoy and share with and be inspired by other passionate crafters.

Knit n Stitch will be meeting next on Saturday, 13th August, an informal, relaxed occasion for textile crafters of all ages and abilities. The following meeting will be Saturday 10th September.

I think this is a wonderful idea so please come along if you can.

I might be able to learn to crochet after all! I will keep you updated on progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment