Pages

Wednesday 2 November 2011

Crochet Lesson

I am so proud! Today I created this........


I know you are thinking 'What on earth is that?' but this is my first attempt at crochet. I had a lesson with a lovely lady at Sew a Good Yarn in Maidstone (very reasonable at £11 for an hour's tuition) and within the hour I had learnt how to do a chain, double crochet and treble crochet. I have even bought the wool to attempt this. If I get into trouble I can always go back for help (which I am sure I will need to do)! I will let you into a secret - my teacher started me off with the chain so I know that bit is right! Watch this space........
(If you want to attempt making this cowl and you are a beginner like me just bear in mind that this is an American pattern and single/double/treble have different meanings to the English. English double crochet is the same as American single crochet and English treble crochet is the same as American double crochet) Hope that makes sense!

No comments:

Post a Comment