Pages

Thursday 2 February 2012

Sketchbook Phobia

I have owned a sketchbook and a pack of drawing pencils for the last year and neither have seen the light of day since I brought them home.



I am always thinking about things I might draw/paint in the sketchbook but never seem able to actually do it. So the pages have remained blank.


It just looks so daunting but tonight I have been inspired by a website called The Sketchbook Challenge. Every month there is a new challenge set to encourage you to open your sketchbook and draw/paint/explore in whatever medium you choose. The website is very encouraging and reminds you that your sketch book is an expression of you and no one has to see it if you don't want them to however, if you upload pictures to the sketchbook challenge group Flickr account you stand a chance of winning a prize. The challenge this month is Up Close - first take a photo or find an image, now focus on one small area of the image and sketch that. It is incredible how much perspectives change when you go from landscape to closeup. See here for a full explanation of the challenge.

I am very tempted to have a go at this and if I feel brave enough I may post what I create but no promises! If you are brave enough to have a go let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment